Friday, August 24, 2012

Do You Know About KCRW?

Between my commute to work and my commute to dance or yoga classes I spend on average 3 hours in my car every single day. How do I stay sane?


KCRW.

KCRW is "Southern California's leading National Public Radio affiliate, featuring an eclectic mix of music, news, information and cultural programming" (direct from the website). It is THE radio station to listen to if you care about listening to quality music and relevant news.

I signed up to be a KCRW member last year and decided to renew my membership this year during the station's annual Summer Membership Drive. The station relies heavily on member support (it is after all a public radio station), and since I "use" it every single day I decided it was worth at least $5 a month.

As a member I get a Fringe Benefits Card with which I get discounts at awesome businesses all over Southern California. These include Pazzo Gelato on Sunset, Skylight Books on Vermont, and even Yoga Works! I also scooped up a dinner for two at one my favorite vegan restaurants, Real Food Daily.


The Summer Membership Drive ends today, and with it goes the opportunity to snag cool gifts like the pocket turntable or the 3 CD-pack. They are also doing an incredible sweepstakes for the S.S. Coachella that is setting sail this December. Whoa.

If you can and if you want to donate and become a member today!





No comments :

Post a Comment