Thursday, December 5, 2013

New Things in Nashville and a Thanksgiving in Miami

Nashville, Tennessee: Probably close to the bottom of my list of places that I would see myself exploring and enjoying.

But despite my initial reservations surrounding the "coolness" of this southern city, I ended up really liking the parts of Nashville that I saw.

We arrived to the city of music on the evening of the 25th after a long 14 hour bus ride from NYC. I was so happy to be off the bus, and darted to the first food spot I could find. Lucie and I stumbled on Merchants on Broadway. It had a cool upscale yet hipster vibe, and the food was delicious. After that we headed to Beer Sellar, where in true dive bar fashion we played pool and drank beers.

The next morning I decided to venture out on my own. I purchased an all day bus pass for an easy $5.25 and took the Nashville MTA a few stops from downtown to East Nashville. I grabbed a light snack at Turnip Truck, and picked up a cool vintage sweater at The Hip Zipper. I even took the bus into West End to snoop around Vanderbilt:

A quaint health foods store
Back entrance to The Hip Zipper 
Rainy views from the bus
That evening Erin and I stopped by Corsair Distillery and experienced a tasting of their finest spirits:

My delicious cocktail
Quinoa whiskey? Wish I had bought a bottle!
After our show the next night we endured another long bus ride. Miami is about 14 and a half hours away from Nashville, and with the time difference it felt even longer:

View from the bus en route to Miami
Though we spent the better part of our Thanksgiving Day on the bus, the entire crew gathered together for a lovely meal provided by our production team:
The ladies
My twin for the evening
A veggie Thanksgiving meal
Though I didn't spend my Thanksgiving in a traditional manner, it was spent with a group of people whom I would now consider my family on the road. Spending Thanksgiving in Miami also reminded me to be grateful for the people who, despite not being with them physically, are always with me in my thoughts. 

No comments :

Post a Comment