Thursday, September 13, 2012

The xx: Live on Morning Becomes Ecclectic

I was in a state of euphoria when I heard The xx's live set on KCRW's Morning Becomes Ecclectic.

(Photo cred: http://xx-xx.co.uk/)


The group starts it off with the beautiful new single, "Angels", and seamlessly jams its way through the next 30 minutes with songs from both xx and Coexist.  Host Jason Bentley conducts a brief interview halfway through, and its interesting hearing the group speak of its experiences as students and song writers. If any of you xx fans missed it, you can watch it again here.

As I sit here listening to the set (for the 3rd time today), my heart melts with pure joy. I'll admit I haven't purchased the new album yet, but I'm more than convinced now.

Aren't they simply divine?

No comments :

Post a Comment